This table is a complete list of all the townlands in the area defined by Dúchas na Sionna as "Shannon and it's environs".The townland was the smallest administratrive division in the county. Townlands also contained other names that refer to fields and families.
Many place-names date back to the Early Christian period (400-1100) and are therefore rooted in the Irish language. Over the centuries these names have been altered almost beyond recognition. The imposition of English spelling forms on many of our local place-names has obscured their original meanings.
Today Shannon Town is located partly in the ancient parish of Clonloghan and partly in the parish of Drumline. Drumgeely, Tullyglass and part of the townland of Tullyvarraga lie in the parish of Clonloghan. In the parish of Drumline lies the other part of the townland of Tullyvarraga, Ballycaseymore and Smithstown. A recent development along the N471, Dun Aras and Cluain Alainn, in Ballycaseymore, borders on the townland of Clonmoney West. This area was coincidently the site of an early Christian settlement.
The Airport and its boundaries are mainly located in the civil parish of Kilconry. The Airport buildings and runways are situated in the townlands of Ballyhennessy, Garrynamona and Lismacleane (Clonloghan).
|Ballinooskny||Ballycally||Ballycasey Beg||Ballycasey More|
|Bunratty East||Bunratty West|
|Clonloghan||Clonmoney North||Clonmoney South||Clonmoney West|
|Leamaneigh Beg||Leamaneigh More||Lisconnor||Lismacleane|